« Election Day | Main | The Story of Sonora »

March 26, 2009

Okay, Fine

Right. It's been forever since I've posted anything on this. Like, forEVER. And yes, I'm still alive. I've just been.... distracted.

Here's my update: More work, a boy, and a dog. Well, the boy's dog, but still.

Work: I'm still at UNAVCO part time, but have some specific tasks, and more hours, which is nice. No glamorous field work, but I've been pretty darn content, mostly, to be in town. Actually, I am TOTALLY grooving on being able to plan things out in advance (like, weeks and even months away), and being more domestic. Strange, but very true. I just yesterday bought a sewing machine.

We're in what is supposedly maybe the biggest snowstorm of the year here, which I guess doesn't say a whole lot since it's been a pretty dry winter. Still, we're up to a little over 14 inches so far.

[Tea party, anyone?]

Posted by beth at March 26, 2009 11:22 PM

Trackback Pings

TrackBack URL for this entry:

Comments

Distracted = good?

Sewing machine?

Blissful domesticity?

Inquiring minds wanna know!

Posted by: tom at March 27, 2009 1:02 AM

Is quilting going to be next?

Posted by: Russ & Pat at March 29, 2009 9:08 PM

Beth, here's a question that doesn't nose into latent nesting instincts or any of that jazz.

Okay, you have spent a lot of time & effort installing instruments to see how the land around volcanoes wiggles & vibrates as the things kind of swell up & get ready to bust open.

What's up with the data? Who has been collecting & collating & analyzing that, and what have they come up with?

I saw this thing on PBS about Kilauea and this guy had been using the kind of supersensitive microphones they make to monitor clandestine nuclear testing and after he collected sounds & sped them up about 200 x real-time, all the lava tubes & stuff were making some pretty far-out sound patterns. Almost like whale calls.

What have they done with your data? I mean basically howzit all shakin'?

Posted by: tom at March 30, 2009 3:31 PM

And what about the dog? Pictures, please!

Posted by: Michael Burton at April 2, 2009 6:43 PM

Are you related to Ross Bartel of JoAnn Bartel from Illinois?

Posted by: KAK at April 10, 2009 5:27 AM

Hey Beth
I was cleaning out my favorites on IE and came across this URL and lo and behold there you are with a recent posting. I OWE you and email and thanks from almost a year ago. I got your lovely note when I visited UNAVCO with Clive last summer and told myself to write you. But one thing leads to another and another and since September I have done 6 round trips across the Pacific and frankly I hardly know if I am coming or going. I just cancelled a visit to UNAVCO next week but should be there sometime over the summer. Hope we can get together for a coffee and catch up.
Stay happy, enjoy the knitting and stay the happy Beth I always remember. Cheers

Posted by: Phil at April 11, 2009 12:12 AM