« Super Me | Main | Fish and Food »

January 26, 2007

New Eyes

Not yet, but soon. As in, at around 4 PM today. I'm at work for the morning, and will leave here around 2:45 to go to the eye doctors'. Nutty, eh? I guess not for those people who have already had LASIK--people like Clark, who say, "What are you waiting for?"

My plans for the weekend include listening to French lessons on CD (I decided it's time to learn another language) and maybe a book on my iPod, and working on a story. Without looking at the paper or computer. I'm supposed to try to keep my eyes closed for the first 4 hours and to not read or work on the computer (much) the day after.

By Monday, supposedly, I will be back to normal. Wish me luck!

Oh--and anyone need some contacts, prescription -5.75 or -4.25 (~20/800 and 20/600)? Or some glasses?

Posted by beth at January 26, 2007 5:01 PM

Trackback Pings

TrackBack URL for this entry:

Comments

can you read this? :) I hope it all went okay!

Posted by: Jen Yu at January 27, 2007 7:33 PM

Yes! I can read. Vision's still a little watery, though, and the heat in this building's already drying out my eyes. Still, I like heat, so....

Posted by: Beth at January 29, 2007 4:33 PM

Hey Im having lasik march 2..please tell me how yours went! Im excited and nervous.*s*
Rose

Posted by: rose at March 2, 2007 12:19 AM

Beth,
How did your eye surgery go?? I was looking into that for a while, but then discovered that you cannot go to space with NASA if you have had LASIK or similar surgery. Something about not knowing what zero gravity will do to your eyeballs if they have been worked on.
So how are you doing? I hope you are seeing crystal clear and enjoying the end of winter.
Brian

Posted by: Brian at March 7, 2007 4:47 AM

Hooray for new eyes (though I'll miss your bespectacled look).

Hey, I can't find a better way to tell you about it than here (sorry). My friend Chris Dent went to Antarctica in December, and I thought it might be... I dunno, interesting, to see his photos and hear about things from a tourist perspective.

Chris in the Antarctic

In real life, Chris is anything but a tourist, and I wouldn't be surprised if he finds a way to uproot his life (yet again) and go there to work.

Cheers,