« Old Friends | Main | Rainy Day »

October 10, 2005

Fall

It's fall, and I love it. It's fall, and I'm here for it, and rather than willing myself away down south before more change occurs I'm welcoming the change, getting ready to hunker down for winter. I'm not leaving in a week, and that's nice.

This weekend, I went car-camping for a night with my friend John to check out the leaves.

John's dog, Bruce, joined us. Bruce is a hot dog.

At night, we built a fire.

And we roasted smores and drank beer.

Bruce slept in the tent with us all night long. Crazy dog. He was my pillow.

In the morning, we lounged a bit before heading back down.

Car camping. Every once in a while, it's a good thing.

Posted by beth at October 10, 2005 5:03 PM

Trackback Pings

TrackBack URL for this entry:

Comments

It's Oct 10 and we are just starting to see some color here in Cincy. It does seem a little later than usual for us. I also love fall, my favorite time of year. It just doesn't seem to last long enough. Thanks for the pictures. I would LOVE to be camping where you are.

Posted by: Aunt Pat at October 10, 2005 6:47 PM

I am a hot dog if I do say so myself! Woof baby, woof!

Posted by: Bruce at October 11, 2005 2:25 AM

First time comment, but long time reader of your blog. Great photo's of your trip, thanks for sharing - we're a few weeks behind you in the colour stakes at the moment, here in Hampshire UK. We have been told that this year should be particularly spectatular though, something to do with either a dry start to the summer or a dry end, I can't remember which!

Posted by: Alan at October 11, 2005 8:23 AM

hey beth, I have a project for you or a friend in a cool place. my neighbor tony who is 8 has a project for school. he has to send flat stanley somewhere interesting and have someone answer some questions about where flat stanley went. i thought you or one of your friends in antarctica might be willing to help him. you always have such interesting thingsto do and places to go. if you or a friend are willing, please email tony @ jimbo24@fuse.net

thanks so much and keep the blog going. i love hearing about your travels. love linda, gary and molly

Posted by: linda collins at October 14, 2005 1:21 AM

hey beth.. long time no comment.. LIsa and I just got back from the balloon fest in new mexico.. it was great I went on a balloon ride we had to hit the top of a tree to slow down to land and not get in to the airport airspace.. I wish i could have jumped out. i should not have left my cute on the ground.. looks like your haven fun. check our our blog. we are haven fun. leaveing for a cruise to the cariban. tomarrow.. life is goood. your take care

rob and Lisa